Nova Pioneer Education Group is a Pan-African independent school network offering preschool through secondary education for students from ages 3 through 19. We prepare the next generation of leaders and innovators through world-class teaching methods with an emphasis on 21st century skills.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Teaching the subject of specialization i.e. Geography/ History.
- Maintain positive, constructive and professional relationships with students, their families and colleagues.
- Develop lessons plans and partner with the Learning Design Team in reviewing and updating lessons when required/ desired.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning, is developmentally appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students and maintain an organized and focused learning environment.
- Infuse joy and passion for learning in lessons so that students are excited and interested in their academic excellence.
- Provide necessary accommodations and modifications for the growth and success of all students, both in academic and culture expectations.
- Be accountable for students’ mastery of content and academic standards.
- Integrate interactive technology into lessons to enhance instructional delivery.
- Set and communicate rigorous and ambitious goals for all students and provide effective student feedback so they internalize them.
- Provide consistent rewards and/or consequences for student behavior and model expected behaviour at all times for students to emulate
- Consistently meet the ambitious goals of a rapidly-growing organization
- Serve as teacher on duty and/or boarding teacher on duty and support school wide programs aimed at behavior interventions.
- Timely capture of students data on academic outcomes and articulation of students progress to NP families and other stakeholders when called upon to do so.
- Support clubs, societies and other core-curricular enrichments at the school aimed at building all rounded students.
- Serve as a home room teacher when called upon to do so.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- You have a TSC certificate
- A Diploma/ Bachelor’s degree in Education to teach Geography/ History
- You have 1-2 years of teaching experience.
- You have good working skills with technology such as Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- You are a great communicator. You are able to provide clear and effective written and verbal communication.
- You are flexible and open to change – you handle uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity well.
- You are a problem solver – you are proactive in identifying issues and address these thoroughly by making an effort to find appropriate solutions.
- You are excited about our organizational culture—and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback.
- You have a desire to further develop your leadership skills and apply them to transform the lives of African youth.