Our client in manufacturing seeks to hire an Accountant (Manufacturing) reporting to the Chief Accountant, the individual shall be responsible for the preparation and keeping of proper and accurate accounting records. The candidate must have experience in the manufacturing industry and be willing to work in Mlolongo, Machakos County.
Gross Salary – 50,000 Kenya Shillings
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly entered and maintained
- Update, review and post general ledger and journal entries
- Ensure bank transactions are properly reconciled
- Maintain the transparency and integrity of financial operations, records and reports
- Ensure compliance with financial standards, requirements and reporting guidelines
- Recommend and implement improvements to financial procedures and processes
- Ensure compliance with statutory returns e.g are (NHIF, PAYE, VAT and NSSF etc)
- Prepare and submit financial and sales reports
- Manage debt payment
- Prepare for and facilitate external audit
- Spearhead stock management and inventory checks
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
- Four (4) years working experience in the Manufacturing industry
- Bachelor of Commerce or related degree with a major in accounting
- Certified Accountant CPA (K) or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge and experience working with accounting packages (Sage, SAP, Palladium)
- Good knowledge of accounting, auditing, and financial and management reporting
- Computer literacy and computerized accounting experience.
- Strong decision-making abilities.
- Strong analytical and planning skills