AAA Growers is one of the leading exporters of premium & prepared vegetables from Kenya and the largest commercial grower and exporter of chillies from Kenya. We aim to provide quality products which redefine what innovative, healthy and delicious vegetables should be. AAA Roses (Forest Gate (EPZ) Ltd.) entered the floriculture industry in 2011 and in 2012 began exporting roses to the Netherlands, Great Britain, Germany, the Middle East and other markets. In a relatively short time AAA Roses built its strong name in the Kenyan flower industry mainly due to high quality products, modern facilities and commitment and dedication of our professional team.
- To provide a support service for all production and compliance programs and operations across all Veg Farm Sites for continuous improvement.
- Providing BOD visibility at Farm Level and providing recommendations on agronomic corrective action plans as well as following through on all agronomy queries.
- Custodian of the businesses Agronomy & Technical documents, ensuring that the crop production manual is consistent at all Sites.
- Manage the Agronomy team at each site
- Manage issues around documents, Audits/Certification, PPE, Training & Coordination
- Audits – Able to pick up on issues on GAP standards special Production Projects – Looking after special projects i.e. tomatoes and peppers in greenhouse production
- Advising and assisting farms with up-to-date crop protection and nutrition methods, products and programs for all farms & out growers.
- Coordinating the implementation of and adherence to GAP and other market standards in the production processes of AAA farms & out growers.
- Carrying out internal audits on various standards (Global GAP, TN10, F2F, environmental audits, etc.) – follow through on issues around non-conformance
- Following up with individual farm managers on produce quality issues/complains pertaining to produce delivered to the pack houses and advising on corrective measures.
- Coordinate Fertilizers/Chemicals supply to the farms as ordered and assist with alternatives where supplies are restricted. Manage any issues
- Manage the farms’ adherence to PPPL requirements and updating the farms on new inclusions or removals of products from the list.
- Take a lead in investigating any issues of non-conformity or exceedance of maximum limits and report to senior management in the shortest possible time.
- Update field quality manual when due for a revision.
- Attend to meetings with external bodies on behalf of the farms agronomy teams and/or coordinate attendance by the teams to such meetings.
- Organising for and facilitating external audits for the farms and out growers on the above standards.
- Monitoring and confirming farms’ planting programs and conducting routine farm visits.
- Collation of the farms production predictions and stand in for the farms in sales meetings.
- Recommending and coordinating suitable trainings with external organisations for various teams to improve operational efficiencies on farms.
- Co-ordinate plants and soil sampling, submission for testing and disseminating the samples results.
- Coordinating and collating all data collected for various trials carried out by farms and presentation of such data to senior management for final decision.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- Hold Farm Managers to account
- Follow through on all issues relating to non-conformity
- Seasoned and qualified Agronomist with at least 10+ years’ proven experience
- Outstanding Technical knowledge and ability to be challenged on finer details
- In depth understanding of Veg growing issues
- On point with new European pesticide programmes
- Deep understanding of Agronomy Audit requirements
- Able to communicate with customers on technical issues
- Able to travel to Farm sites on a very frequent basis