Kenya Development Corporation Ltd (KDC) is a Development Finance Institution which was established in 2020 to merge the operations of Industrial and Commercial Development Corporation (ICDC), Tourism Finance Corporation (TFC) and IDB Capital Limited. KDC is mandated to play a catalytic role in Kenya’s socio-economic development by providing long-term financing and other financial, investment and business advisory services. Therefore, KDC plays an important role in addressing critical gaps for long-term funding that cannot be met by commercial banks in target sectors in Kenya and elsewhere.The Assistant Manager Business Development will be responsible for origination of new business opportunities and ensure sustainability of the established businesses. He /She will also be responsible for developing policies and strategies for business development programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify potential business and investment opportunities
- Monitor competitors’ offerings to understand each target markets, identify gaps or opportunities and liaison with innovation team develop appropriate products and solutions.
- Co-develop the next generation products or services or solutions for the identified new business opportunities.
- Lead the introduction and rollout of new products / solutions to existing and new clients
- Develop and communicate a unique value proposition to identified clients.
- Initiate the identification of market niches based on KDC’s competitive advantage
- Formulate corporate brand identity and brand manual
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: –
- Master’s degree in relevant field from recognized field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields: Business, Finance, Commerce, Economics, Marketing or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- A minimum period of eight (8) years relevant work experience four (4) of which should have been at the level of supervisory level
- Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Member of a relevant professional body in good standing where applicable;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution