The Assistant Manager will be responsible for the development and review of investment and loan recovery policies, monitoring and evaluation of the existing investments and recommending appropriate strategies; and managing the credit risk on the loan portfolio in the most profitable and cost-effective manner in line with KDC objectives.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail;
- Undertake business development in the specified sectors;
- Appraise investments proposals;
- Maintain communication with clients and manage client relations;
- Initiate negotiation of the project financing structure;
- Oversee disbursement to approved projects;
- Monitor project performance post investment;
- Prepare investment papers for management and board;
- Manage stakeholder engagements;
- Any other responsibility as may be necessary to achieve the KDC’s objectives.
For a candidate to be appointed to this position, they must have;
- At least eight (8) years’ relevant work experience, four (4) of which must have been in a supervisory role.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce, Business, Economics, Engineering or any other relevant field from a recognized institution;
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field from a recognized institution;
- Certified qualification in any of the following; Certified Financial Analyst (CFA),
- Certified Investment and Financial Analyst (CIFA), Public Accountant (CPA (K) or
- Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA (UK) or its recognized qualification from a recognized institution;
- Member of a relevant professional body.
- Knowledge and experience in statistics, data collection, analysis and presentation;
- Supervisory course lasting not less than two (2) weeks
- Proficiency in Computer Applications.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya.