Roles and responsibilities
We are seeking a high calibre Bids and Proposals Senior Officer to join our leading Business Development, Marketing and Communications team. The suitable candidate will work under the Head of Business Development, Marketing & Communications and closely with the team members in the the Bids and Submissions section of the department to support the firm’s business development projects, including bids and legal directory submissions, key client programme, as well as execution of practice BD plans.
This role will require an individual who is highly committed, a critical thinker with a high level of attention to detail.
In more detail, the core areas of responsibility include:
- Coordinating the firm’s proposals process, including developing high-quality proposals, fee quotes, RFPs, panel appointments, capability statements or other documents describing the firms’ services in response to requests from prospective clients.
- Ensuring logistics associated with proposal delivery have been met, proper records of all proposals are kept and tracking and preparing proposal feedback and analysis reports.
- Providing project management support in the execution of the firm’s key client programme.
- Coordinating legal directory and awards submissions’ process to ensure high quality submissions have been prepared and submitted based on set guidelines and timelines.
- Ensuring that all lawyers’ profiles and credentials are up-to-date and available.
- Updating the experience statements for A&K, its affiliate firms and ALN, with new deals information, using the agreed editing rules.
- Conducting research for various purposes such as the key client programme, pitches, directory and award submissions, thought leadership pieces and any other areas that may be assigned from time to time.
- Undertaking core Business Development work as requested from time to time.
- Implementing all the necessary procedures and processes to ensure continuous improvement of systems.
Experience and personal qualities
This role will require a person with relevant business development experience, with the highest levels of ambition and commitment.
The following qualifications, experience and personal qualities are preferred:
- Degree qualification (preferably in Law, Marketing, or Business Administration).
- Proven working experience in a law firm, international organisations, or professional services firms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to communicate clearly with a range of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong analytical skills and a high attention to detail.
- A strong knowledge of proposals’ process is required.
- Proficient in the use of IT Systems, including Microsoft Office packages.
- A minimum of at least years (4) years of relevant work experience.
- A good understanding of the legal profession is an advantage.
The following personal qualities are preferred:
- A strategic and creative thinker with the ability to develop creative ideas and transform them into practical reality.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills; ability to manage multiple priorities/tasks, prioritize/coordinate deadlines, and track progress of tasks, in a complex and demanding environment.
- Able to independently manage a challenging workload when faced with unexpected changes in priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent analytical, research and writing skills.
- The ability to build and maintain highly effective working relationships with a range of people.
- A commitment to teamwork and working in a professional manner.
- Enthusiastic, diplomatic, and calm under pressure.
- A commitment to A&K’s mission and strong ethical integrity.
- Willingness to learn and adopt new methodologies.
- Flexibility to work overtime on an as-needed basis.