The National Council of Churches of Kenya (NCCK) is a family of Christian communions and organisations in fellowship and witness. It was established in June 1913 during the United Missionary Conference held at Thogoto, near Nairobi. The delegates in the conference, representing the missionary institutions working in the country at the time, affirmed their wish to work towards a united church that would impact the lives of the people. This dream remains true and is reflected in the Vision and Mission statements of the Council, which read: VISION: One Church; United in Faith and Mission Witnessing to Jesus Christ and Transforming Lives MISSION: To transform lives through ecumenism, capacity building, advocacy and service delivery CORE VALUES In all its work, the NCCK is informed by its core values, which are: Integrity, through accountability and transparency Stewardship, through sound resource management Professionalism, through competence and efficiency Partnership, by collaborating with others, and Servanthood, through fair and humble service OBJECTIVES The objectives of the Council are: i) To promote and facilitate fellowship, partnership and unity within the membership ii) To promote consultations and joint action by the membership in all matters that bear upon our faith and witness, whether doctrinal, liturgical or missiological iii) To build the capacities of the membership to enable them undertake their mission iv) To facilitate the membership so that they can give expression to the Lordship of Christ over all aspects of human life and together with their communities identify needs, acquire necessary resources and promote services that is holistic, relevant and self sustaining v) To promote the Council’s corporate health, identity and growth for faithful and effective stewardship of the corporate vision, mission, heritage and sustainability
- Identifying new business opportunities and creating sales and marketing strategies
- Overseeing daily business operations
- Conducting market analysis to check the business performance
- Developing and implementing promotional campaigns and activities
- Updating the marketing channels e.g. website and social media platforms, online booking platforms
- Analyzing current and past financial data and providing strategies to cut costs and increase revenue
- Developing a marketing calendar with its attendant, and events promotions to increase footfalls for the hotel.
- Establishing and maintaining long-term business relationships
- Negotiating business proposals and agreements with clients
- Updating business development materials like email templates and brochures when needed
- Pitching innovative ideas to clients
- Utilizes efficient sales strategy for the maximization of hotel revenue.
- Ensures all documents produced by the Sales Department (BEO, contracts, rooming lists proposals) are completed accurately and on time
Key Skills and Competencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce-Marketing Option, Business Management or other related fields.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in Marketing in a hotel set-up.
- Member of the Marketing Society of Kenya.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.