What’s in it for you:
- You will enroll in the workplace pension scheme
- Private medical insurance as per Hotel offering
- Be part of creating the historic story of rehabilitating and releasing the rare Mountain Bongo that was heading toward extinction.
- Working with a hotel rich in history and known for exemplary services while growing your career
- Employee Benefits Card offering discounted rates in Accor Worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility Activities, like Planet 21.
What will you be doing
- Assists the Pastry Chef in the production, preparation and presentation of all food Items to ensure highest food quality at all times.
- Preparing quality pastry items such as: breakfast breads and pastries, desserts, breads, ice creams, sorbets, creams, ganache, amenities, displays and centerpieces, and special guest requests
- Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions to improve the environment and menus
- Ensure consistency in the preparation of all food items according to hotel recipes and standards
- Assist with the training and development of junior team members, including interns
- Assists in development and implementing standards, Recipes, Portion size and costing.
- Ensure the pastry section food safety and hygiene requirements are followed
- Any other job tasks that may be assigned
Your experience and skills include
- 2 years previous experience in a similar role
- Previous experience in a 5 star or Premium hotel in a similar position
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively and collectively as part of a team
- Excellent planning & Organizational skills
- A creative approach to the production of high-quality foods and knowledge of bakery