(Jobs in Kenya) Communication Officer at Kwale County Government - Gazeti Jobs
(Jobs in Kenya) Communication Officer at Kwale County Government
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The communication officer will work closely with the CPIU to ensure relevant project
- materials are developed and disseminated to relevant target groups through relevant media and network channels.
- The Communication officer will develop and maintain contact information, materials and
- relationships with relevant project stakeholders within and outside the county to increase of coverage of project implementation status
- The Communication officer will be responsible for designing of project posters and publications
- The officer will be responsible for drafting, editing and releasing project advocacy materials and articles
- The communication officer will facilitate photography and video coverage and footage as appropriate
- The officer will monitor and evaluate the use and effectiveness of project media materials, maintain a library of media coverage and clippings etc.
- The communication officer will develop and maintain county project social media sites
- (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc.) for daily monitoring, posting and content development.
- The officer will be responsible for timely and quality production of advocacy and branding of project materials such as picture stories and videos etc.
- The communication officer will develop and archive communication materials including
- digital publications, photography, audio-visual materials, clippings etc.
- The communication officer will assist in developing visit brochures and cards and support
- the CPIU in preparation of information kits for visiting project donors and high profile guests/visitors.
- The communication officer will support organization of project workshops, seminars,
- campaigns, events and project review meetings including agendas and minutes.
- She/he will be responsible for monitoring and evaluating the impact of communication
- materials and advocacy events/campaigns to target audience
Requirements for appointment:
- Must be a Kenyan citizen and domiciled in the county for at least 10 years.
- A holder of Masters, Bachelor’s degree or diploma in communication, journalism, public relations or any other relevant field from any accredited institution
- The candidate should be able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated and extensive social media experience is an added advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and proficiency in English and Kiswahili are required
- He/she should have advanced knowledge of MS Office(Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Publisher)
- Candidates with basic design and layout skills in using Adobe Photoshop and PageMaker are an added advantage and other relevant photo and video editing tools.
Jobs in Kenya
- Communication Officer at Kwale County Government