The purpose of this position to provide support to the communication function for the USAID Jamii Tekelezi project. This will include enforcing branding and marking guidelines, development, and production of communication materials like photography, videography and support during project events. Additionally, incumbents will be expected to work with the communications officer to identify, research and develop high quality success stories which will be used by donors, project staff to produce a quarterly eNewsletter amongst other communication materials.
Digital Content and Multimedia development
- Develop and disseminate Audio visual content (record audio/ video clips of beneficiaries to enhance visibility of program’s work.
- Work with the Communications officer to design, copywriting, and development of project SOPs, tools and job aids within the branding and marking guidelines of the donor.
- Maintain an up-to-date media contacts list and regularly reach out to media contacts.
- Work with the communications officer to develop and implement a communications plan to track impact of USAID Jamii Tekelezi’s communication strategy.
- A strong interest in HIV programming.
- Excellent writing skills (in English) are imperative to this position. Writing with a US-based population in mind will be an added advantage.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (communications, journalism, marketing, public relations, etc.).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (English and Swahili fluency required).
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills, especially geared towards a US based audience.
- Photography and/or videography skills and extensive experience with Adobe Creative Suite software (similar software).
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Candidate will need to be a self-starter, someone who can manage their time and tasks independently and responsibly.
- Respect for individuals regardless of their race, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age or legal status.
- A sense of humor, patience and diplomacy