Scope of work and Methodology
- The Consultant will be required to prepare a detailed methodology and work plan indicating how
- the objectives of the project will be achieved, and the support required from DRC.
- Demonstrate how members are grouped on the platform. Members should be organised in savings and lending groups for training and effective service delivery.
- Self-service on multiple touchpoints for services like mobile KYC and mobile money to lower costs and extend access in hard to reach communities
- Full transparency on the group finances, all transactions and other requests such as wallet balances, savings etc
- The solution must be integrated with most of the largest MNOs – (Mobile Network Operators) in Kenya.
- Demonstrate innovative and reliable solutions put in place to meet last mile challenges in far to reach areas and financial inclusivity.
- The vendor must demonstrate that she has handled a project with 3 organisations with the size of DRC.
The digital platform must meet the below technical requirements to be relevant for the project:
- Simple user friendly/customer journeys.
- Mobile first design with a progressive web application.
- Multi-language support.
- Offline mode.
- Avail services on multiple touch points such as USSD/SMS/Web
- Solution should work well on low end feature phones
- Consume minimal data.
- Enforce security through SSL Encryption, PINs etc
- Back-end real time uptime/downtime monitoring
- Have secure language agnostic APIs to connect to other banking and on-demand platforms such as analytics.
- Strict data privacy and data sharing rules.
- Ability for a variety banking products/services to be made available without sensitive data sharing.
Eligibility, qualification, and experience required
The successful candidate(s) must be able to work independently to deliver the required outputs working with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. Qualifications will include:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in financial access research with an understanding of financing structures as well as technical requirements of FINTECH.
- Relevant background in development of business digital platforms.
- Experience in East Africa with an understanding of the policy environment and challenging context.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of displacement-affected communities and their financial needs.
- Proven track record in conducting similar studies and assessments.
- Ability to structure complex insights into written and visual products that bring out key features and enable decision making