Purpose of consultancy
To provide technical expertise to the clinical management and operations unit to implement and perform different activities.
- Provide technical support to WHO secretariat in the development of the GRADE based, Clinical management guidelines for EID (including but not limited to Lassa fever, mpox, cholera, COVID, Ebola).
- Prepare planning proposals for the Guideline Review Committee
- Prepare power point presentations and agenda to support WHO secretariat in the convening of WHO steering committee and Guideline Development group meetings.
- Work with systematic review teams to prepare evidence summaries for meetings.
- Work within electronic publication platform to draft guidelines based on outcomes from GDG meetings.
- Develop derivative products such as posters and care pathways (from clinical guidelines)
- Update training materials for openwho.org and aids for health workers.
- Provide technical expertise to WHO staff in the preparation and execution of Global webinars on clinical management.
- Set topics and agenda of clinical webinars.
- Identify and communicate with clinical experts that will participate in the webinars.
- Draft text updates to the clinical management website to highlight and disseminate the webinars.
Qualifications, experience, skills and languages.
- A first university degree in medicine.
- Specialty training in Infectious diseases, Internal medicine, Paediatrics, Emergency medicine, Critical Care or other relevant clinical specialty.
- Post graduate degree in public health, research, or related discipline.
- Five years of experience as clinician with Research experience (clinical research and or clinical trials).
- Experience in creating training materials for health workers.
- Experience in making clinical presentations.
- International work experience.
- Experience working in disease outbreaks or health emergencies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of research methods and GRADE, and leading systematic reviews.
- Excellent English writing.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and cross-cutting environment.
- Excellent organizational skills combined with the ability to multi-task and produce accurate results under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, diplomacy, tact and discretion, sound judgment and initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure and to clearly articulate and present concepts and procedures to a broad range of audiences
The post Consultant – Emerging Infectious Diseases Clinical Management at World Health Organization (WHO) appeared first on Jobs in Kenya - http://jobwebkenya.com/.