Purpose of consultancy
To contribute to regional convenings and country visits (workstream 4 – country work) and interaction with donors (workstream 6 – Governance, strategy, and partnership) of the Global Diabetes Compact.
Output 1: Interaction with donors of the Global Diabetes Compact.
- Deliverable 1.1: Draft report of meeting for inputs from team members and participants.
- Deliverable 1.2: Draft report of progress, including budget justification for donors according to provided template.
Expected by: 1 April 2023.
Output 2: Interaction with regional offices.
- Deliverable 2.1: Draft agendas for thematic meetings of the Global Diabetes Compact regional focal points (4 planned meetings).
- Deliverable 2.2: Draft notes of the planned meetings and share these with the focal points of the Global Diabetes Compact.
Expected by: 1 June 2023.
Output 3: Country visit preparation.
- Deliverable 3.1: Perform review of health care delivery of diabetes ahead of planned field trip (estimated 2 trips in African region).
- Deliverable 3.2: Draft mission agenda.
- Deliverable 3.3: Provide written report of outcomes for each field visit.
Expected by: 15 June 2023.
Output 4: Country stories.
- Deliverable 4.1: Together with internal stakeholders, draft a country story about tuberculosis and diabetes integrated care.
- Deliverable 4.2: Draft relevant clearances.
Expected by: 30 June 2023.
Qualifications, experience, skills and languages
- First level university degree in medicine, public health, health administration or related field.
- Over 5 years of relevant experience in programme management, including reporting to donors.
- Experience with country work in low- and middle-income countries.
Desirable : Previous UN experience.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Excellent drafting and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders across different sectors.
- Expert knowledge of English.