The Customer Support Manager will successfully lead a team of Customer Support Officers in ensuring clients receive timely assistance with the technical aspects of our products and any service issues are addressed and resolved.
The CSM will work to create positive brand experiences for existing customers in line with company expansion and customer retention goals. They will be expected to provide technical support and problem-solving guidance, primarily from a traditional inbound customer help desk inquiries and troubleshooting approach.
Success will be measured on key metrics including, but not limited to response time to initial and ongoing queries, number of open tickets, problem resolution time, customer satisfaction and employee engagement. They will also be expected to provide support to the CSO’s and pay attention to overall team metrics, providing input, feedback and mentorship as necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The customer is the main priority.
- Providing the best customer experience by demonstrating empathy and expertise in line with the company’s “white glove’’ service standard.
- Take ownership of the customer support process and follow all tickets raised to resolution, with an emphasis on timely responses to all escalated issues.
- Set a clear mission for the Support team and deploy effective strategies to realise the same.
- Formulate and revise service procedures and policies for the team in accordance with company vision.
- Keep accurate records of tickets, documenting customer service records and compiling accurate data reports.
- Oversee and evaluate the team’s overall performance in line with period deliverables
- Keep ahead of industry developments in best practices and tools, implementing them as required.
- Recruit, hire and develop a high performing team and nurture an environment of empowerment and accountability.
- Liaise with the Customer Success Manager to ensure a proactive feedback loop is in place to reduce delays and minimise churn rates.
- Design initiatives that enhance the customer experience, resulting in improved user & client feedback, online ratings and NPS scores.
- Provide critical insights to the Business Support, Credit and Product teams to improve our evolving platform
- Foster a cross-functional workplace environment with the Sales and Marketing HOD’s to promote information sharing, collaboration, unified objectives and teamwork.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Five years leading teams in either Customer Support, Call Centre or Direct Sales.
- Experience with dynamic customer support tools in live chat, phone support, email and mobile messaging.
- Ability to influence a diverse team and train each according to company standards.
- Experience in setting goals, establishing milestones and tracking individual performance.
- Possesses high emotional intelligence with strong insight and unrivalled ability to customer needs.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships up, down and across all levels of an organisation.
- Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Excellent creative and critical thinking skills, with an emphasis on developing and executing impactful strategies.