We are looking for a detail-oriented and driven Director of Business Development to increase company revenue by identifying profitable business opportunities and developing long-term business growth strategies.
The responsibilities of the Director of Business Development include recommending ways to improve operations planning, attending meetings with clients and advisors, notifying partners of key business developments and assessing business risks by analysing financial, statistical, and economic data.
To be successful as a Director of Business Development, one needs to be persuasive, have strong business acumen, adept at negotiating sound business deals as well as demonstrate excellent communication, leadership, problem-solving skills and know how to apply your knowledge within the fast changing world of a start-up and be skilled in rolling out initiatives in a value added manner.
- Develop and ensure execution of the business development strategy, vision, plans and processes to drive sales
- Increasing company revenue by identifying and developing new business opportunities as well as expanding brand presence
- Building solid relationships with customers and strategic partners as well as internally with the Power team.
- Management of the sales process and sales pipeline to ensure timely and accurate forecasting
- Oversee the development of proposals, and contracts for new business opportunities and manage negotiations
- Presenting business or marketing opportunities to company executives and management
- Developing in-depth knowledge of company offerings to identify profitable business opportunities that set the company up for rapid growth
- Collaborate with marketing, product development, and other stakeholders within the company to support business development efforts.
- Selecting automation software and software platforms that best meet company needs
- Work in tandem with marketing to ensure campaigns, social media, and PR are helping to build the acquisition funnel for Power for B2B2C and B2C
- Prepare business development budgets and monthly reports to management.
- Tracking and reporting on sales efforts on a weekly basis
- Participates actively in Power App and overall platform testing
- Participates in Roadmap discussions with the Head of Platform, Head of Product Development and rest of the management team.
- Create functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub function and develops budgets, policies and processes to support sub function
- Build, mentor and lead the business development team
- Ensure the business development team is performing and hitting quarterly OKRs
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, finance, or related field; master’s degree is advantageous.
- Proven business development, sales, or marketing experience.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications. Experience with Asana is highly preferred.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Exceptional leadership and management skills in a start-up.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Team player and Doer.
- Detail-oriented and persuasive.