General Position Summary
The driver work within the Operations department of the logistics support structure to provide safe, transport services for Mercy Corps program and support staff in the respective field location. The driver will adhere to all traffic and Mercy Corps safety rules and follow the transport guidelines required by the Mercy Corps operations department.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Operate Mercy Corps vehicles as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain vehicle log-sheets in accordance with Mercy Corps policies/regulations.
- Check the vehicle conditions after each trip/routinely – report needs and problems to logistics team.
- Adhere to all safety and communication protocols as advised by Mercy Corps and supervisor.
- Responsible for the safekeeping of all vehicle equipment, tools, first aid kits, spares etc.
- Keep the vehicle ready, clean and on standby – ready for use at all times.
- Assist, as required, with logistics in the office daily workloads.
- Cooperate and be of assistance to staff and visitors – assist in troubleshooting potential problems during daily business.
- Report all maintenance needs of the vehicle to transport management on a regular basis;
- Undertake field assignments as assigned.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting monthly vehicle fuel and maintenance reports to the Logistics focal point.
- Adherence to all Mercy Corps policies and procedures as outlined in Mercy Corps policies and procedure manuals.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in country of operation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience
- Valid driver’s license and certificate of good conduct
- At least 3 years driving experience with an NGO.
- Experience operating 4×4 vehicles.
- Experience working in and thorough knowledge of Samburu County is a desired.
- Knowledge of routes, project areas, the NGO and diplomatic community is required.