Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services that were previously unavailable. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary. Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, and Rwanda use Wasoko’s mobile ordering and delivery service to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time.
The Full Stack Lead Engineer is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining the front-end and back-end of the Wasoko web applications. This role requires a high level of technical knowledge, design skills in distributed world, expertise in web development, problem solving as well as deep understanding in building RESTful Services, designing using MQs, Web applications and maintaining them.
- Design and develop web applications that meet user requirements and adhere to design and coding standards.
- Create and maintain databases for web applications and mobile applications.
- Develop, test, and deploy web applications and mobile applications.
- Troubleshoot and debug web applications and mobile applications.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders to ensure successful delivery of applications.
- Ensure the security and performance of web applications.
- Monitor and track web application usage.
- 8+ years of experience in software development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Proven experience with designing and developing REST APIs, using MQs and programming in Java, Springboot
- Excellent designing and problem solving skills.
- Seasoned coder, good knowledge on various design patterns.
- Works without supervision and is capable of being the technical pillar of the squad. Able to guide engineers and do their design and code reviews.
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Knowledge of application performance, monitoring and alerts.
- Knowledge of continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Knowledge of cloud platforms (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Proficient in database design and development.
- Experience with mobile application development.
- Should be a good team player with good communication skills.
- E-commerce experience is an added advantage.
The post Full Stack Lead Engineer at Wasoko appeared first on Jobs in Kenya - http://jobwebkenya.com/.