Ol Pejeta is the largest black rhino sanctuary in east Africa, and home to three of the world’s last remaining northern white rhino. It is the only place in Kenya to see chimpanzees, in a Sanctuary established to rehabilitate animals rescued from the black market. It has some of the highest predator densities in Kenya, and still manages a very successful livestock programme. Ol Pejeta also seeks to support the people living around its borders, to ensure wildlife conservation translates to better education, healthcare and infrastructure for the next generation of wildlife guardians. In 2004, the ranch was purchased by the U.K.-based conservation organisation, Fauna &Flora International (FFI), with the financial backing of the Arcus Foundation, a private international philanthropic organisation founded by Jon Stryker.
- In close collaboration with the Head of Voluntary Funding and Communications, contribute to the development and implementation of our Philanthropy strategy, with clearly defined objectives, key performance indicators, audiences and timetables;
- High-Value donor relationship cultivation and stewardship;
- Deliver and manage the Ambassador programme and relationships;
- Manage and oversee filming and photography crews and journalists;
- Support the relationships with Tourism partners, alongside Marketing, to promote giving back by visitors;
- Provide support for events
Education, Language & Qualifications
- BSc degree in Fundraising, Communications, Marketing, Business Administration, Law, English, Journalism, Public Relations, International Relations, or any other related field;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, ability to inform and engage through written communication.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Relevant experience in fundraising, communications, PR, and marketing;
- Experience in fundraising from individuals;
- Ability to gasp future trends in fundraising and communications and act proactively to embrace them;
- Exceptional written and verbal skills;
- Able to confidently and effectively use Campaign Monitor, MailChimp, and CRM systems such as Salesforce;
- A natural ability to multi-task and problem solve, able to prioritise workload based on strategic and tactical business priorities;
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills;
- Be self-motivated and proactive going above and beyond the call of duty;
- Team player;
- Good time-management skills;
- Great interpersonal and communication skills;
- Willingness and ability to be on call out of hours, to accommodate communication with followers/ supporters in different time zones across the globe.
Desirable Knowledge, skills, and Experience
- Experience of working in a not-for-profit environment;
- Ability to work autonomously, to tight deadlines with excellent communication and analytical skills;
- Strong interest in conservation and environmental issues.