- Together with the project team and partners, organize and facilitate Strategic/multiyear Plans/designs and budgets for the overall Project
- Support the development of annual project plans and budgets.
- Support local partner engagement forums including project beneficiaries.
- Support review and update logframes, M&E Plans, Project indicators and periodic targets and detailed implementation plans.
- Support the development of clear and implementable work break down structure for respective Project activities as needed
- Support the finance team to ensure realistic scheduling of project activities and budgets
- Identify and document the project assets and produce a Remote Sensing /GIS activity /project map.
Implementation, Technical Support and Quality Assurance
- Coordinate the successful roll out and implementation of all MEAL related initiatives in the project site of Kajiado and Narok Counties.
- Disseminate clear business processes for respective MEAL components to ensure consistent application and adherence to standards
- Develop and support implementation of project MEAL annual calendars
- Ensure that realistic project targets are set a and tracked.
- Organize and conduct project level data quality audits and validation forums.
- Lead the process of capacity assessments and capacity building for staff and for potential local partners.
- Ensure that respective staff and WVK implementing partners are provided with requisite MEAL technical support to perform.
- Coordinate effective implementation of project Activities in collaboration with key partners and the MEAL Coordinator at the secretariat.
- Coordinate and facilitate timely review and sharing of all project documents; plans/designs and reports.
Monitoring, Reporting and Accountability
- Support the implementation of a digital data collection and beneficiary tracking system and database
- support the design of a monitoring framework to track delivery against project targets/objectives.
- Support the development and dissemination of data collection tools.
- Coordinate field level monitoring of WVK activities and its implementing partners.
- Coordinate, participate and report on technical field monitoring visits.
- Ensure timely data collection, collating, & analysing, synthesizing information, updating the monitoring matrix and other monitoring systems are in place.
- Ensure timely dissemination of monitoring data to key stakeholders for management decision making.
- Support remote sensing and GIS Mapping of Project initiatives
- support the appropriate use of information management systems in compliance with WV Kenya, GoK, and donor and in line with partnership agreements.
- Coordinate the compilation and submission of project management reports as per WV standards and donor requirements.
- Support establishment of accountability mechanisms for the project to enhance information sharing, complaints management and timely feedback flow.
Research, Learning and Knowledge Management
- Support periodic reviews/evaluations of the project interventions using appropriate methodologies (such as LQAs) to determine achievements
- Ensure that the project assessments, feasibility studies and or characterization processes are conducted in a timely manner and quality reports are produced as per standard.
- Coordinate inter-county exchange meetings on MEAL for lessons learnt and upscale to regional and secretariat level intervention
- Facilitate effective project level knowledge management (KM) mechanisms including documentation and sharing of innovative/promising/best practices or lessons learned and impacts.
- Organize and conduct learning forums/events at regular points to facilitate learning by the partners
- Facilitate ongoing and collaborative learning within WVK and partners based on key data from the performance management system.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- The holder of this position must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Sociology, Economics/statistics, or equivalent degree in a relevant field;
- At least 5 years professional experience in Project/ Program design implementation, M&E and learning cycles
- Results orientated person able to manage and satisfy multiple and at times conflicting organizational, donor and other stakeholder demands;
- Experience in the execution of development cooperation projects and consortiums
- Post graduate training in Project Planning and Management, M&E or Statistics, Information Science, Climate Change/ Natural Resource Management or related studies is an added advantage
- Must also have ample experience in public relations and be a strong team player
- Statistical training certification especially on data analysis, advanced excel, SPSS, On-line data collection platforms