Flexi Personnel Ltd is a HR Company that was founded in 2008. It is currently the fastest growing HR firm in Kenya offering a wide range of services including Headhunting and Executive selection, Outsourced Labor management, HR Outsourcing, Outsourced Payroll Management, HR consultancy, Psychometric Assessments and Expatriate Services and relocation support. What makes us a unique Recruitment and Outsourcing Agency in Kenya, and the whole of Africa, is our systematic approach and listening to our clients’ recruitment and payroll needs. We’ve offered and will continue offering appropriate solutions to our clients. We only forward candidates within the client’s specification. As a Recruitment firm, integrity and value are key elements of our Recruitment, Staff Outsourcing, Payroll Management, and HR Consultancy services. We deliver to our promise to our clients within a 3-day deadline. This is enhanced by our dedicated team of recruitment, screening, and management experts.
The Head of Communications is a key member of the organization’s Leadership team. The purpose of the role is to develop and implement a relationship management strategy for government (at regional, national and local levels) and other relevant stakeholders, as well as a pro-active communication strategy to build the brand of the company’s products within the region of operation ( East Africa) and project a positive company image to the public.
- Develop contacts with media members, influencers and community leaders.
- Develop and manage relationships with the media.
- Manage the relationship with regional, national and local partners (national and local government officials and agencies, local community opinion leaders, tea industry players and other external key stakeholders) to maximize their commercial interests and reputational opportunities.
- Develop and manage programmes with social partners (IGOs, NGOs, Governments, social entrepreneurs, etc.) that position the organization as a prominent social player to achieve their mission of creating value for all.
- Establish and drive a multi-channel communications strategy for the region of operation.
- Oversee preparation and management of all communications material including creation of digital, video, audio and print content.
- Manage the internal communications and creating internal communications protocols.
- Ensuring that all activities and messages are phased and aligned within an agreed plan and timescale.
- Monitoring the success of campaigns.
- Preparing detailed media activity reports.
- Identifying media opportunities.
- Develop the product brand voice and maintain brand integrity across all platforms.
- Implement the strategy of ‘inspiring advocacy through dialogue and action’ across all stakeholder groups to develop the organization’s reputation as ‘a strong, growing, responsible company that engages me personally’.
- Measure the effectiveness of communications in building the organization’s reputation.
- Lead a team of communication, and corporate affairs professionals.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to own team and upcoming leaders in the organization.
Education, Knowledge, And Experience
- Graduate in Business Administration, Sociology, Communication, Public Relations or other relevant field.
- At least 7+ years relevant experience in communications, corporate/public affairs, brand management or marketing in a reputable organization.
- High level of integrity.
- Familiarity with website, search, email, digital ads, and social media best practices.
- Understanding of international, regional, national political and local institutions and decision-making processes.
- Experience in managing media relations.
- Familiarity with social media platforms and social media marketing.
Skills And Competences
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to define persuasive core messages.
- Strong influencing, interpersonal, people leadership and project management skills.
- Exceptional stakeholder management and advocacy skills.
- Strong detail orientation and an ability to manage complex projects with creative teams.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent multitasking skills.