The Head of Finance Health Services will oversee the overall Finance function of the Health Services of AKUH, N including its Outreach Centres. The job entails management of the Finance function including but not limited to planning and budgeting, statutory accounting, patient accounting, audits, financial and statutory reporting, monitoring & evaluation, corporate governance, insurance and taxation, preparation of feasibilities and working closely with key stakeholders including Chief Executive Officer of AKUH,N, Chief Operating Officers of the Outreach, and Director Finance to ensure that all Finance related matters are handled in a timely manner.
- Finance Operations: Ensure smooth operations of the overall Finance function (related to the Health Services), general accounting, treasury, cash flow management, fixed asset management, payroll, receivables and payables, annual statutory audits, compliance with the respective statutory laws and reporting.
- Planning, Budgeting and Reporting: Responsible for the annual planning and budgeting cycle of the AKUH, N and supporting the Chief Executive Officer and Senior Management in the development of hospital’s goals, volumes, revenue, and expenditures including, capital and staffing plans. Ensure budget variance reports (for volumes, staffing indicators), and financial reports are provided in a timely manner to support the CEO in this regard. Act as a business partner to ensure operational success and help build the business model, implement tactical and strategic initiatives, and support the performance of the Health operations in East Africa and its growth strategy.
- Financial reporting: Review management and statutory financial reporting and analysis of the results of all the entities, undertake feasibility and profitability analysis for new and existing services and provide recommendations to the senior management.
- Working Capital Management: Implement and oversee a strong working capital management process through regular review of patient receivable schedules, ensure timely issuances of invoices to credit clients, ensure timely recovery of receivables, strong review of inventory holdings and payment to creditors.
- Accounting: Oversee General Ledger functions, assuring accurate timely reporting, and conforming with professional accounting standards and best practices, responsible for timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and yearly closing activities.
- Financial policies and procedures: Develop and review financial policies and give recommendations for improvement/implementation to the management.
- Capital projects and legal matters: Work closely with the Project Director and the legal team for the development/reviewing of contracts with international consultants (Architects, Design Consultants) and contractors. Responsible for the financial management of construction and review of projects including large constructions.
- Faculty Compensation: Supervise faculty compensation accounting, reporting and monitoring, work on the critical evaluation of the current financial model of the institution and submit recommendations for sustaining / improving the current model.
- Financial Strategies: Develop banking and financial strategies at the same time ensuring the institution’s interest in customs, tax and fiscal areas are met and statutory requirements are met. Responsible for overseeing the development of financial, social and legal deliverables reports and schedules as per the commitments of Signed Credit Financing Agreements (including Commercial borrowings from International Financial and Development Banks).
- Liaison with Stakeholders: Communicate and maintain liaison with AKDN agencies, corporate clients, vendors, local and foreign institutions, donors, tax consultants, external auditors, insurers and legal advocates.
- Qualified Accountant – ACA, ACMA, ACCA, CPA (K), CIMA or
- A Masters degree preferably in Finance or equivalent from a reputable university
- At least 7 – 10 years of working experience in a large local or multinational institution preferably in an integrated Health system. At least 5 years of which should be in a management position.
- Experience of working in a development sector is also preferred.
- Strong knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and International Accounting Standards and their applications.
- Strong knowledge of working with high-quality ERP systems.
- Knowledgeable in preparing feasibility studies/ project plans/ strategic plans.
- Strong command of spoken and written English.
- Strong command of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and meet strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and develop team members to work towards achieving the set goals and objectives.
- Unquestionable integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience in managing relationships.
- Excellence at carrying out data analysis and synthesizing information
The post Head of Finance Health Services at Aga Khan University appeared first on Jobs in Kenya - http://jobwebkenya.com/.