Summit Recruitment & Search was established in 2009 to address the recruitment, mass recruitment, executive search, outsourcing and training needs of companies based in Kenya or wanting to enter the Kenyan, East African, South African and African market. We have a leading proven track record in our field in South Africa, Uganda, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Rwanda, Nigeria, Zambia, Ghana and many other African countries. We are able to advise on market trends, training requirements, prevailing salaries and offer a complete HR Solution where necessary.
- Work alongside the HSES Manager to define, maintain and implement the HSES Management system to enable compliance with the groups HSES standards
- Monitor compliance HSES Management System, and provide additional internal training and coaching to improve understanding and guide staff
- Collate information and generate reports on the effectiveness of the HSES Management System, working alongside the HSES Manager to identify and document lessons learned and continuously improve the HSES Management System
- Lead the regular review and update of Emergency Response Plans for three office locations, and its Crisis Management Plan, alongside its Operations team and HSES resources in each location.
- Undertake HSES due-diligence site visits for new opportunities within East & Southern sub-Saharan Africa
- Assess potential HSES risks, identify risk mitigants and evaluate existing (or planned) HSES Management Systems as part of DD activities, documenting findings and reviewing recommendations with the HSES Manager
- Work alongside the HSES Manager to develop HSES Action Plans for new opportunities within East & Southern sub-Saharan Africa
- Collate and analyse information from project HSES Action Plans or HSES Management Systems, to generate HSES monitoring reports (monthly, quarterly and annually) to track progress and review trends on an individual project and portfolio basis
- Ensure sound evidence underpins all internally or externally reported monitoring data and ensure that all such data points are accurate, up-to-date and can withstand scrutiny
- Support the HSES Manager with the investigation, documentation and resolution of any HSES incidents within East & Southern Africa’s portfolio
- Regularly participate in Group HSES meetings
- Identify HSES training requirements, tools and assets for the Africa staff and its partners to enable all to understand and operate within the standards and frameworks
- Have a degree in a science or engineering. It would also be highly desirable if you have an advanced degree / qualification (post-graduate) in the HSES sciences or other relevant discipline highly desirable (e.g. IEMA, NEBOSH or IOSH)
- Have 3-5 years of relevant HSES or ESG experience across multiple types of infrastructure projects at different stages of development
- Have worked in a variety of sub-Sahara African markets, with a focus on East & Southern Africa
- Have a robust understanding of the latest best practices in Health, Safety, Environmental and Social management and IFC Performance Standards on Environmental and Social Sustainability
- Understand how infrastructure supports achievement of the UN Sustainable Development Goals and the global climate agenda
- Demonstrate highly developed interpersonal skills and an ability to work within a virtual international team
- Be recognized by others as demonstrating integrity and professionalism
The post Health & Safety Advisor at Summit Recruitment and Search appeared first on Jobs in Kenya - http://jobwebkenya.com/.