- A master’s degree in urban studies, statistics, mathematics, demography, economics, actuarial sciences, environmental sciences, monitoring and evaluation, or any other closely related field is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience in the fields of report writing, scientific writing, data management, quantitative research or monitoring may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive work experience in data analytics, indices, development of methodologies for measurement frameworks, research on a broad range of urban and human settlements issues or any closely related area is required.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to foster communication among teams is required.
- Familiarity of the UN system, including experience working in international settings is desirable.
- Some level of knowledge of and experience working with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) or the New Urban Agenda is highly desirable.
- Previous work experience in organising technical workshops or publicity events is desirable.
- Proven experience in working in teams, creativity, taking responsibility for project completion, delivering under tight deadlines is desirable.