ICT Manager Job, Latest Kenyan IT Jobs 2022,
INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGER – JOB GRADE 3 (1 POST) REF: KICC/ICTM/2022
The Information Communication Technology (ICT) Manager reports to the Director Corporate Services and is responsible for maintaining ICT standards within the Corporation.
- Forecasting and planning on Information and Communications Technology (ICT) needs of the Corporation;
- Initiating best practices in the management of ICT department including ICT Policies, Procedures and frameworks covering disaster recovery, business continuity, system and data security;
- Ensure compliance to approved Information and Communication Technology (ICT) policies at all times;
- Oversee the implementation of the Corporation’s Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Strategy in support of the core business and Services;
- Ensuring the availability, capacity, security, stability and performance of the systems and infrastructure in the Corporation;
- Designing and adopting the implementation of information disaster recovery mechanisms for the Corporation;
- Recommending training needs for the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) departmental staff.
- Identifying Information and Communications Technology (ICT) gaps and developing proposals to mobilize resources;
- Ensuring development, implementation, reviewing of Information Communication Technology (ICT) strategies;
- Liaising with other heads of departments on their Information and Communications Technology (ICT) needs.
- Interpreting Information and Communication Technology (ICT) regulations, policy and guidelines and cascade to departmental staff;
- Preparation of departmental work plans and budgets;
- Oversee the implementation of ICT work plans and compliance to departmental budget allocations;
- Ensuring implementation, monitoring and evaluation of ICT policies and procedures;
- Spearheading ICT department’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and Business Continuity Management (BCM);
- Managing performance in the ICT department;
- Mentoring and coaching of the ICT departmental staff.
- Spearheading the initiation and subsequent enforcement of the Corporation’s Information Security Management System (ISMS) framework in liaison with the Corporation’s Security Manager.
- Advice the management on matters related to Information Communications Technology (ICT) trends.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must:-
- Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Computer Science or Business Administration with specialization in ICT related disciplines any other ICT or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Business Information Technology, Telecommunication/ Electronic Engineering or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Have eight (8) years relevant work experience with at least three (3) years experience in a supervisory role;
- Membership to a professional body or Certification in any of the following CCNA, MCSE/ MCTS/MCITP/ ITIL/CCNP/CAPM;
- Must have attended a Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their application which should include: –
- One page statement on how you meet the requirements for the position
- Curriculum Vitae
- Indication of current salary
- Professional certificates and testimonials
- Three professional referees
Terms of offer
The successful candidate’s appointment will be as follows:-
- Job Grade KICC 3 shall be appointed contract of five (5) years renewable subject to performance.
- Job Grade KICC 4, KICC 6, KICC 8 shall be appointed on permanent and pensionable terms.
- Comply with Chapter 6 of the constitution and avail clearance certificates from: –
- Directorate of Criminal investigation (Certificate of good conduct)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Tax compliance
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications should be sent under confidential cover with the envelope clearly marked as per your application Reference.
“Ref: KICC/……………….20……..” not later thanat 5pm to: –
The Chief Executive Officer Kenyatta International Convention Centre P O Box 30746 – 00100 NAIROBI
Women, Persons Living with Disabilities and Marginalized are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It's Free.