Pwani University began as Kilifi Institute of Agriculture in 1984 though the first intake of 200 students for the Two Year Certificate Course in Agriculture and Home Economics was in July 1987. By 2007, Kilifi Institute of Agriculture had graduated 3,837 students. The Institute also hosted a number of Masters and PhD research students from other national universities. On 23rd August 2007, Kilifi Institute of Agriculture was upgraded to a Constituent College of Kenyatta University, and in March 2013, it was given a charter as a full- fledged University. It is strategically placed in the heart of the Coastal region of Kenya in Kilifi Town, right on the Mombasa-Malindi Highway; and is equipped with facilities to offer quality training in Tropical Agriculture, Tropical Medicine, Marine Sciences and Education. So whether you’re finishing high school, beginning university for the first time, or pursuing graduate studies, you’ll find a wide range of options at Pwani University. Our University has more than five schools which all together offer a diversity of degree programmes in the Arts, Humanities, Sciences, Health and Education. The University has engaged highly qualified staff members.
Appointment to this position is either on Permanent and Pensionable terms or on a three (3) year renewable performance-based contract, depending on age, citizenship, or any other reason.
Applicants must have:
- A Masters Degree in Nursing (Midwifery) or its equivalent from an accredited and recognized University
The candidate should:
- Be registered with the relevant professional body
- Have evidence of contribution to University/Research Institution through activities such as participation in Departmental management, students’ academic /research advising, school or University/Institutional meetings, committee membership and related matters
- Demonstrate community involvement (e.g. Member of BOG, SMC etc.).
Applicants should demonstrate
- Teach/conduct research and supervise students and/or staff
- Design and develop academic programmes and curriculum
Applicants should have published after completion of Masters Degree or after last appointment as Tutorial Fellow;
- At least one (1) / two (2) articles in refereed journals OR
- At least one (1) University level book in the relevant area OR
- At least one (1) / two (2) book chapters in an edited book in the relevant area
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- RIdentify research needs in society in order to inform potential areas of research and contribute to the body of knowledge.
- Develop and write proposals to inform and justify the need for research and source for funds in accordance to donor regulations and ethical standards.
- Conduct research by implementing objectives through use of relevant methods to increase in the body of knowledge.
- Disseminate and share research findings through to inform an influence policy and provide solutions to societal needs
- Aid the University to meet its mandate white contributing to individual development and standing of the University in research matters.
- Grade and supervise undergraduate and post graduate students to conduct their research in accordance to ethical and quality standards.
The post Lecturer in Nursing (Midwifery) Grade 12 at Pwani University appeared first on Jobs in Kenya - http://jobwebkenya.com/.