Kibabii University is a public university in Kenya located in Bungoma County along Bungoma-Chwele highway.
REF – KIBU/PT/05/202
- Organic Chemistry – Inorganic Chemistry
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
- Lecturing in area of specialization in accordance with the syllabus
- Coordinating course projects and practical work
- Preparing teaching/learning materials
- Setting, invigilating and marking examinations/assignments;
- Carrying out research work in relevant field or specialization
- Preparing students progress reports;
- Developing proposals for research funding
- Writing journal articles and books
- Presenting academic papers in conferences/seminars/workshops or symposia;
- Developing and reviewing academic programmes/curricula
- Supervising Tutorial/Junior Research Fellows and students.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- PhD or equivalent degree qualification (or a Master’s degree quålification in special cases) in the relevant area from a recognized/accredited University;
- A minimum of 24 publication points, of which sixteen (16) should be from refereed journal papers
- Be registered or registerable with the relevant professional body (where applicable)
- Demonstrated potential for teaching and research;
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.