Standard Bank Group is the largest African banking group by assets offering a full range of banking and related financial services. “Africa is our home, we drive her growth” Our vision is to be the leading financial services organisation in, for and across Africa, delivering exceptional client experiences and superior value. This sets the primary goals and standard of excellence we intend to achieve in the medium term. With a heritage of over 150 years, we have an on-the-ground presence in 20 countries in subâ€‘Saharan Africa; fit-for-purpose representation outside Africa; and a strategic partnership with the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC). In line with the realities of risk, regulation, technology and competition that characterise our operating context, we continue to invest significantly in our diversified operations; our people and culture; our systems and infrastructure; and our brand. In doing so, we understand that our commercial success and social relevance over the long term depends on placing our clients at the centre of everything we do, and ensures that the outcomes of our activities are a catalyst for growth on this continent we call home. The long-term foreign currency ratings for The Standard Bank of South Africa, the single largest operating entity within the Standard Bank Group, are: Fitch Ratings BBB- (negative), Moody’s Baa2 (negative) and Standard & Poor’s BBB- (negative). The group is listed on the JSE Limited, share code SBK, and the Namibian Stock Exchange, share code SNB. The largest bank in the world, ICBC, is a 20.1% shareholder in the group. Other than the 20.1% ICBC shareholding, 32.9% of Standard Bank’s shareholder base is foreign. We subscribe to the Code of Banking Practice, a set of principles governing banking in South Africa and ensuring the highest standards of professionalism, integrity and fairness.
- Provide specialist product agnostic investment support and execution to clients and frontline teams to meet Clients’ investment objectives and feedback to ensure provision of best solution.
- Liaise with product specialists across a range of investment asset classes to discuss client requirements and feedback to ensure provision of best solutions.
- Provide portfolio analysis and liaise with Clients on own portfolio to feedback on portfolio performance and seek opportunity to cross sell and deepen wallet share.
The role will entail the following deliverables and key competencies: –
- Provide a consistently high quality overall operational service to the WI SBG team and WI customers: –
- Timely communication with investment clients and internal stakeholders.
- Provide end to end support for the investments function including the placing, monitoring of orders and settlement of trades in the fixed income and equity market.
- To ensure growth in company revenue by providing responsive, proactive and efficient services to existing and potential clients to grow market share in the securities industry.
- Leverage the group’s reach, capabilities, and expertise to add value to both the customer and the Wealth and Investment business
- Timely processing of documents; CDS and Account opening, KYC, payments, and statement/confirmation requests etc.
- Ensure strict compliance with laid-down risk management controls and processes.
- To develop, maintain and build strong long-standing relationships with existing and potential Wealth and Investment Clients and other stakeholders.
- Maintaining a high level of integrity and ethical standards commensurate with the requirements of market best-practice.
- Compile Data reports and assist with preparation for internal and external presentations.
- Responsible for the implementation and adoption (within Branch, Department or Section) of all Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions related requirements contained in policies, procedures and processes. This includes the consideration and approval of PEP on-boarding and continued business engagement in instances where no adverse information is available.
- Ensure incident reporting is done in a timely manner.
- Ensure queries raised are responded to and resolved as per SLA.
- Maintaining communication between SBG Securities customers and Operations Teams – in terms of giving updates, maintenance, and compliance duties and responsibilities under the unit.
- Support the SBG sales function by ensuring operational continuity.
- Understanding of the overall risks associated with the CDSC and payment operations and ensuring there are sufficient and effective controls to manage these risks. Understanding the rules and regulations as set out by CDSC Ltd and ensuring adherence.
- Providing a readily available, service-focused, knowledgeable and experienced point of contact for clients for all CDS Operations.
- Assist with the SBGs client onboarding process including with preparation of business acceptance documentation.
- Attending client meetings to represent SBG securities and assisting with meeting actions, minutes and related deliverables.
- Monitor news flow relating to companies. Provide on-going feedback to investment team.
- Establish and maintain relationships with other market players mainly licensed members of the NSE, custodians and fund managers
- Ensure that KYC requirements are met for all customers.
- Educate clients on existing company policies and procedures as well as basic introduction to the stock market and how it operates.
- Consistently deliver high quality service to all customers; internal & external.
- Carry out and ensure that clients have met the KYC documentation requirements for the company.
- Ensure that integrity and honesty is always maintained in all client dealings.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the organization and adhere to all organizational standards, policies and procedures
- Liaison between SBG operations and Investments
- Ensure seamless communication between Sales Teams, and Operations
- Co-ordinate special projects
- Review and update procedures when and where necessary
- Maintain low levels of errors and zero tolerance to fraud
- Timely and accurate generation of reports
- Manage the query resolution process by providing timely responses
- Ensure confidential handling of client documentation and information
- Timely archiving and storage of client documentation
- Manage the administration of market actions such as IPOs and Rights issues while liaising with SBG operations.
- Relevant business/financial qualification.
- Ability to interpret financial statements.
- High levels of computer literacy – able to capture/update customer database, successfully complete product/lending applications, ensure credit maintenance, etc.
- Understanding of the high net-worth individual and affluent market – typical profile, lifestyle, financial needs, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of segment value proposition – especially the operational activities required to deliver the Investment and SBGS value proposition.
- Sound knowledge of all products and channels relevant to this market, including qualifying criteria, documentation requirements, application processes, product/channel features and benefits, pricing, product/channel combination possibilities and efficient product usage through self-service channels.
- Thorough knowledge of bank and industry systems.
- Meet annual requirements of Continuous Professional Development as specified by the regulator.
- 10 years plus of operational/Sales / Portfolio Management / Investment Advisory experience in a securities business or other financial intermediary.
- A relevant University degree.
- 5 years plus banking experience, preferably dealing with high net-worth individuals in a portfolio context.
- Experience in upholding the highest levels of service.