The Monitoring & Evaluation Analyst shall implement the strategies designed to assure the quality of data collection, collation, entry, analysis and reporting through consistent application of the existing monitoring and evaluation Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other guidelines.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities;
- Coordinate the collection, collation, analysis and reporting of various project data streams.
- Receive, review, analyze, validate, enter/code and store various program data streams as submitted by field operations staff. Prepare and collate these into the relevant format for preparing reports and feedback for decision support.
- Undertake visits to the field as necessary to enforce and validate data collection techniques and to identify where adaptations might be needed so as to ensure continuous quality of project data.
- Ensure the integrity of program data and reports through well organized and secured paper and electronic filing.
- Prepare and submit accurate, comprehensive and timely reports on the conduct of the various surveys, incorporating best practices such as the use of well-structured trackers.
- Oversee and coordinate contractors who may from time to time be contracted to implement field surveys and studies required for evaluating program effects and impacts.
- Any other duties assigned by Program Manager.
- Qualifications at degree level in business management, economics, statistics, development studies or other relevant area of study.
- At least 3 years of work developing or implementing M & E systems. Prior experience in data collection, collation and analysis is essential, using both paper and technology-based platforms.
- Hands on experience in the use of STATA for data analysis
- Good understanding of sustainable rural development and social impact indicators.
- Well-developed computer skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Good communication skills that allow regular interface with a diverse team both in the field and in back room operations.
- Strong planning skills and ability to work independently within agreed work plans and time lines and to generate solutions to changing work situations.
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
- Strong oral & written presentation skills in English and Kiswahili. Knowledge of local languages is an advantage in some locations.
- Willingness to spend time working and travelling in project sites located rural areas.
- Possess a valid Kenyan driving license.
Competency is a combination of knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) directly related to successful performance on the job.
Core Competencies include:
- Integrity and honesty: Is widely trusted; seen as a direct, truthful individual; presents truthful information in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; does not misrepresent himself or herself for personal gain.
- Team Work/ Relationships: Works co-operatively and flexibly with other members of the team with a full understanding of the role to be played as a team member and/or leader, to achieve a common goal. Ability to build and maintain effective relationships and networks.
- Learning attitude: Proactively takes advantage of opportunities to learn. Actively identifies new areas for learning; applies and shares new knowledge and skill appropriately.
- Diversity/Inclusiveness: Demonstrates an understanding and appreciation for diversity and supports diversity efforts. Interacts effectively with and inclusively with people of all races, cultures, ethnicities, backgrounds, religions, ages, and genders.
- Communication: Expresses ideas effectively in individual and group situations. Listens effectively; shares information, ideas and arguments; adjusts terminology, language and communication modes to the needs of the audience; ensures accurate understanding; acts in a way that facilitates open exchange of ideas and information; uses appropriate non-verbal communication.
- Decision making/Problem Solving: Is able to analyze situations, diagnose problems, identify the key issues, establish and evaluate alternative courses of action and produce a logical, practical and acceptable solution. Is able to make effective decisions on a day-to-day basis, taking ownership of decisions, demonstrating sound judgement in escalating issues where necessary.
- Results Oriented/ High Quality Deliverables: Stays focused on the efforts necessary to achieve quality results consistent with programmatic or departmental goals. Demonstrates the ability to achieve effective results; works persistently to overcome obstacles to goal achievement. Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks.
- Planning & Time Management: Establishes a course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a specific goal. Effectively plans, schedules, prioritizes and controls activities; identifies, integrates and orchestrates resources (people, material, information, budget, and/or time) to accomplish goals. Prioritizes work according to the program or department’s goals, not just own job responsibilities; manages own time effectively.
- Business Acumen: The ability to use information, ask the right questions and take decisions that make an impact on the overall business performance.
Job Specific/Technical Competencies include:
- Computer Literacy: Demonstrates knowledge and ability to use specific computer programs or applications for own functional area. Has the ability to improve performance by integrating new and existing technology into the workplace.
- Donor/Partnership Management: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Analysis, Research, Report Writing: Experience in business planning and analysis, modeling for feasibility and execution. Able to analyze and express oneself clearly in business writing.
- Innovative Mindset: Curious inquiries, asks questions and seeks out information from multiple sources, learns from mistakes, sees change as an opportunity.