Purpose of role:
To support a network of Community Health Volunteers (CHVs) within a sub-county – primarily by supporting the Community Health Extension Workers (CHEWs) & Community Health Assistants (CHAs) deliver high impact through best practice, digitally enabled performance management and supervision and supporting the sub-county and county health teams to deliver impactful community health.
- Coach and mentor CHAs & CHEWs on performance management, use of digital tools, utilization of dashboards, and use of data for decision making.
- Accompany CHAs & CHEWs during field visits to offer support supervision.
- Undertake necessary measures to ensure that CHAs & CHEWs report quality data.
- Offer first-level support on Android issues faced by the CHAs, CHEWs & CHVs.
- Participate in Community Events including dialogue & Action days.
- Support ongoing training and any other pieces of training that may arise.
- Strengthen adherence to the public supply chain system and commodity tracking by CHAs & CHEWs while ensuring CHVs have access to commodities and are accountable for stock in their custody.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with the local government.
- Attend and support CUs review meetings and sub-county planning meetings.
- Alert the Supervisor Coach to any arising risks, challenges, and impediments to implementation.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Diploma or Degree in Community or Public health, Nutrition, Social Sciences, business management, or a related field.
- Minimum of (1) year relevant experience for degree holders and (2) years relevant experience for diploma holders in the community health field.
Competencies & Attributes:
- Agility to learn from experience and apply learnings in new situations.
- Plans prioritize and break down tasks accordingly.
- Supports in Program/projects data analysis, collation of information, reporting
- Supervisory, mentorship, coaching skills, and high level of integrity
- Ability to precisely communicate and share information verbally and in writing
- Bilingual with French as a desirable language.