Purpose of role
Reporting to the Finance and Support Services Manager (FSSM), the post-holder will be responsible for finance compliance and risk management for various projects. The focus being economic empowerment of persons with disabilities through formal employment and increased equitable access to health services, education, and jobs/self-employment for people with disabilities.
About the role of Project Finance Officer
Sightsavers Kenya are looking for a highly skilled, driven and results orientated Project Finance Officer to join their team. If you are an agile accounting professional with experience within international development and looking to progress your career in a dynamic environment this opportunity is for you.
Key responsibilities and not limited to:
- Working with project staff and partner organisations to assist them in planning, budgeting and financial management
- Overseeing partners’ financial reporting, budgeting, auditing, and compliance to agreed donor rules and regulations and Sightsavers procedures and policies
- Building financial and budget management capacity of partner organisation through training and support
- Improving the capacity of Sightsavers programme staff to understand and uphold both Sightsavers and donor financial policies and procedures
- Proactively manage contracts and risk within respective projects and programmes.
Knowledge, skills and experience for Project Finance Officer
- Proven work experience within international development holding fully qualified status with CPA or equivalent
- Or tertiary degree in finance and accounting with part qualification with CPA
- Proven track record of working in a busy accounting department with working knowledge of audit, grant management, contract management
- Highly numerate
- Strong knowledge of Excel and financial software packages
- Excellent communication and organisation
- Ability to work alone and in a team
- Adaptable and reliable
- Previous experience within an international development organisation in a similar role advantageous
- Sun System knowledge
- Familiar working closely with institutional donors such as DfID, USAID, GIZ advantageous
The post Project Finance Officer at Sightsavers appeared first on Jobs in Kenya - http://jobwebkenya.com/.