DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- Work with other HQ staff and field teams to edit quarterly and annual narrative project reports, as well as annual work plans.
- Assist the Africa team with proposal development (research, writing, proofreading).
- Provide project field staff with support such as research and correspondence.
- Write project success stories and other stories as assigned, to be posted on the Internews website.
- Compile monthly e-newsletter on Africa programs.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date briefing and communications materials for Africa programs.
- Coordinate and edit impact stories/success stories to be posted on the Internews global website.
- Assist Regional Program Managers with recruitments, especially for field office recruitments (Shortlisting, organizing calls, reference checks, question grids)
- Coordinate and organize Africa PMU’s online platform management
- Support various monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities, as needed, including data collection, reviewing quarterly data reporting, and liaising with country/project teams on specific project M&E tasks
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 1-3 years of professional experience in international affairs (or related field), media development experience, including experience living, working, or studying in Africa
- Competence in storytelling and writing ability.
- Native English, professional proficiency in written and spoken French preferred.
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Proven organization skills, with attention to detail.
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize with a shifting workload.
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Relevant university degree or equivalent lived/professional experience.
Preferred Note: Candidates who do not have these preferred qualifications, but are interested and willing to learn, are encouraged to apply.
- Experience with proposal writing for government donors.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and other desktop publishing software a plus.
- Experience with event planning and/or arranging logistics for project implementation abroad.
- Experience with financial management and familiarity with US government rules and regulations.