Pwani University began as Kilifi Institute of Agriculture in 1984 though the first intake of 200 students for the Two Year Certificate Course in Agriculture and Home Economics was in July 1987. By 2007, Kilifi Institute of Agriculture had graduated 3,837 students. The Institute also hosted a number of Masters and PhD research students from other national universities. On 23rd August 2007, Kilifi Institute of Agriculture was upgraded to a Constituent College of Kenyatta University, and in March 2013, it was given a charter as a full- fledged University. It is strategically placed in the heart of the Coastal region of Kenya in Kilifi Town, right on the Mombasa-Malindi Highway; and is equipped with facilities to offer quality training in Tropical Agriculture, Tropical Medicine, Marine Sciences and Education. So whether you’re finishing high school, beginning university for the first time, or pursuing graduate studies, you’ll find a wide range of options at Pwani University. Our University has more than five schools which all together offer a diversity of degree programmes in the Arts, Humanities, Sciences, Health and Education. The University has engaged highly qualified staff members.
This is an entry position in the security ranks in the University and appointment is either on permanent and pensionable terms or on a two (2) year renewable performance-based contract depending on age, citizenship and any other reason.
- The candidate MUST have a minimum of a Diploma in Criminology or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- The candidate MUST have served as a Corporal or Constable in the Armed forces or a Senior Security Guard for a period of two (2) years with proven integrity, honesty, independence, innovativeness,
- compliance to deadlines and following orders.
Skills and knowledge
The candidate must have skills in:
- First Aid
- Good public relations
- Good communication (fluent in English and Kiswahili)
- Crime detecting skills
- Computer applications.
In addition the applicants should:
- Be physically fit
- Have a certificate of good conduct from the Kenya Police
- Have held a clean record of service
Duties and responsibilities
- Duties and responsibilities of the Security Supervisor Grade A will include but not limited to:
- Protecting people and property
- General Administration and discipline of security personnel including staff welfare
- Preserving public peace within the University
- Preventing commission of offences
- Supervising proper maintenance of gate passes, vehicle movement book, visitors register and occurrence book.
- Supervising security officers under him or her
The post Security Supervisor Grade A at Pwani University appeared first on Jobs in Kenya - http://jobwebkenya.com/.