CHAK’s constitution provides for membership to Protestant churches’ health facilities and community-based health programmes provided their services are not for profit. Mission To facilitate member health units in their provision of quality healthcare services through advocacy, health systems strengthening, networking and innovative health programme
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure that all financial books are closed and cash count conducted at the end of- the month.
- Ensure all advances are reconciled at the month end as per advance policy.
- Ensure that all outstanding invoices are paid before the end of the month to ensure they are recorded within the same month they are incurred.
- Ensure that the financial reports are closed on time through ERP system.
- Ensure that at all times the JTP trial balance is accurate in the ERP
- Ensure all donor reports are derived from the system Nav 365
- Review the general ledger listing on a monthly basis and make necessary corrections
- Ensure timely and accurate calculation of de minimis and timely remittance to HQ
- Ensure donor regulations are adhered to for all aspects of the operations
- Ensure that budget verses actual expenses are provided to relevant parties on time and accurately.
- Prepare donor report and cash forecasts and submit to the donor on a timely basis
- Prepare timely management reports as guided by the Head of Finance and administration
Bank & Cash management
- Supervise the processing of bank, M-pesa and cash transactions.
- Ensure internal control procedures are followed for all cash & M-Pesa disbursements, receipts and transfers
- Oversee the maintenance of an accurate and updated cash flow report
- Liaise with bank officials to resolve problems or facilitate improved service.
- To be the contact person for all bank correspondences.
- review and approve the bank reconciliations monthly
- Review and approve the M-Pesa reconciliations weekly
- Prepare advance requests and submit to Finance Administration Director by 10th of every month
- Work with the program team to help them develop more accurate cash forecasts
- Review controls and monitoring of compliance with established procedures.
- Prepare reports which identify key issues and provide recommendations for improving control processes or procedures
- Work with program staff to prepare grant budgets to support new proposals or realignments
- Translate donor budgets to system up loadable budgets based on CHAKs coding
- Review funding allocations to enable proper guidance to programs and proper coding.
- Closely monitor all grants to ensure that no grants are overspent or under spent
- Review actual vs. budget results to ensure maximum utilization of budgeted amounts and to provide recommendations for realignments as required.
- Daily supervision and review of the workflow processes for efficiency
- Prepare standard operating procedures related to Finance and administration.
- Regular and open communication with staff from all departments.
- Train staff on accounting procedures and requirements, assists program staff in finance-related issues and activities.
- Train program staff on budget tracking, review burn rates and provide advice if spending is not happening according to plan.
- Prepare key performance areas for staff reporting directly to the SFAO and conduct performance appraisals
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K) or ACCA
- Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting of Business/administration-related field is an added advantage
- At least five years’ experience in a similar position in donor-funded project
- Demonstrated experience and skills with budget preparation and analysis, financial reporting preparation and presentation and the proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative reports
- Computer literate with significant experience in excel
- Prior staff supervisory experience and strong organizational skills are desired
- The candidate should be mature, with a stable personality and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Good written and verbal skills in the English language.
- Ability to carry out responsibilities independently with minimal technical support