Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently. We do what we do because 80 per cent of blindness in the world is avoidable, and we think that’s astoundingly unfair. We do it because people with disabilities deserve the same opportunities as everyone else. For more in depth information about our work and current projects, visit our policy and research pages
About the role
We are looking for a Social Media Community Manager to grow and manage a global community of online supporters and to develop and deliver social media strategy to promote Sightsavers’ work. This is an exciting opportunity for a social media professional who has experience of using paid and organic social media to grow audiences and deliver engaging social media campaigns for a professional brand or organisation. You’ll be passionate about using social media to make the world a more inclusive place and may be looking for the opportunity to develop your creative and strategic social media skills.
Key duties of the Social Media Community Manager role will include:
- Developing and leading on the delivery of Sightsavers’ Global Social Media Approach on assigned channels
- Protecting and enhancing Sightsavers’ reputation globally, responding quickly and effectively to potential reputational risks
- Ensuring channel output is on-brand with a strong emphasis on accessibility and inclusion.
Content production and social media strategy
- Managing the production of social media posts
- Use audience insights to offer evidence-based solutions to communications problems and proactively contributing to communications campaign planning
- Developing, implementing and evaluating social media strategy to communicate one of Sightsavers’ thematic areas of work (eye health, neglected tropical diseases and disability inclusion)
- Identifying opportunities to engage new supporters online
- Proven track record of creative development and delivery of social media project or campaign management experience within a professional organisation
- Excellent storytelling ability
- Project management and content production skills, including photo and video editing tools (such as Adobe Photoshop/Premiere Pro or similar)
- Experience in using social media to grow, steward and convert an engaged supporter or customer base
- Knowledge of national and international social media
- Experience working with stakeholders to deliver strategic, audience-led social media communications
- Ability to use learnings from social media monitoring and analysis to continually optimise social media content
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Fundamentals of fundraising and campaigning within the INGO/wider charity sector
- Experience in using social media internationally to grow a global audience base
- Experience setting an agile social media strategy
The post Social Media Community Manager at Sightsavers appeared first on Jobs in Kenya - http://jobwebkenya.com/.