Reporting to HOD – Enterprise Architecture, the position holder is responsible for ensuring all solution architectures are well aligned to architectural frameworks and guided by strategy. Working with Solution Architects to guide them on how to work with partners, Project teams, Squads as well as virtual IT delivery teams to implement various projects and business deliverables. Lead and coach the Solution Architects to break down complex requirements into simple trackable tasks and to be committed to high-quality output and delivery on time.
- Work with Solution Architects to agree on standardized tools, processes, and methodology for design.
- Cascade blueprints and target architectures to IT delivery teams and solution architects.
- Resolve complex solution architecture challenges experienced by various IT delivery teams.
- Anticipate customer and business requests and build capacity to meet the demands.
- Contribute to strategy and target architectures.
- Ensure maximum re-use of technical and business functionality with no duplication.
- Documentation and optimization of all solution architectures.
- Mentorship and leadership of other solution architects.
- This role is responsible for transferring the vision and objectives to chapter leads, tribe leads, tech leads, solution architects and the entire digital IT organization fostering establishment of architecture practices, frameworks, patterns and innovation
- Remove blockages experienced by solution architects.
- Ensure attainment of Delivery KPIs.
- Robust testing of both existing and new delivery to ensure the customer promise is met and proper functionality.
- Degree in Science/computer science/Engineering/Business related.
- Certification in Business Analysis & Agile Project Management will be an added advantage
- Strong business acumen and mindset – with knowledge of Human Centered Design
- 7+ years of technical experience in a busy IT development environment, 2 years of which must include experience in designing systems and solutions.
- 3+ years’ Experience in Technical Leadership of large IT projects
- Team player who is skilled at building up and managing stakeholder relationships successfully
- Experience in delivering and optimizing solution architectures in a complex IT set-up.
- Experience in managing and coaching a team
- Ability to persuade stakeholders and to champion effective techniques through delivery
- Ability to drive initiatives without any formal authority in an ambiguous environment