PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Reporting to the Head of I.T – The System Developer/ Data Analyst will be responsible for: –
- Developing solutions that support the business decisions, process improvement and client centricity through data analytics.
- Delivery of cost-effective systems’ solutions and within the set budget while meeting agreed SLAs and the Company’s business requirements
PRIMARY Duties & Responsibilities·
- Develop full cycle application and process automation system as per business requirements
- Offer first line Technical Support for all business and database systems.
- Develop API applications that can fetch data from various social media (twitter, Facebook) to display on our company website.
- Liaise with software vendors to resolve systems issues or escalations.
- Serve as the technical lead for all business systems deployments, upgrades, administration, and maintenance.
- Integrate third party systems/applications with business core systems
- Prepare, communicate and maintain projects and test plans.
- Maintain system security and integrity in line with company standards and governance.
- Offer training to end users on new systems and updated products.
- Pull and analyze data from the business systems and generate meaningful Pivot tables and trend analysis as per business needs.
- Develop data models that facilitate continual examination of the business processes and environment.
- Analyze and interpret complex business data required from multiple sources.
- Conceptualize, design and build reports for internal and external distribution.
- Validate reports and analyze data against internal and external standards.
- Ensure quality assurance for all data and report requirements.
- Conduct regular information-sharing sessions with key business representatives as required.
- Manage and execute data mapping, cleaning, validating, transformation and loading.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the management from time to time
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or I.T related field.
- At least 3 years of progressive experience as a Systems Developer/ Data Analyst.
- Professional Certifications; OCP, MCSE
- Experience in Windows, Linux, Citrix Applications, SQL Scripting/ Programming languages and tools
- Conversant with Turnquest Systems
- Required skills and Competencies
- Ability to develop digital system applications and integrate them with business Core systems.
- Excellent Analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to details
- Excellent Communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Good understanding of Insurance operations