The Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF) is an independent philanthropic organisation headquartered in London with offices in Nairobi, New Delhi, and in Ethiopia. CIFF works with a wide range of partners seeking to transform and empower the lives of poor and vulnerable children in developing countries, with the ultimate goal of solving seemingly intractable challenges to ensure all children have the chance to survive and thrive. CIFF aims to play a catalytic role as a funder and influencer to deliver urgent and systemic change at scale. Areas of work include empowering girls and boys to control their sexual and reproductive health and to avoid unwanted pregnancies and HIV/AIDS; improving children and mothers’ health and nutrition; preventing low birthweight babies; eliminating deaths from severe acute malnutrition, nested within a more integrated approach to childhood development; and deworming efforts to break transmission for good. The organisation’s climate portfolio is driven by a vision of a climate-safe future for today’s children and future generations that also bear the benefits of cleaner air, energy security and sustainable jobs. CIFF’s child protection work focuses on ending child labour and sexual exploitation by enabling an environment that reduces vulnerability of communities and increases protection of children. CIFF places significant emphasis on quality data and evidence. For most of its grants, CIFF works with partners to measure and evaluate progress to achieve large scale and sustainable impact. The organisation is committed to sharing as much information as possible about what they and their partners are learning. Founded in 2002, CIFF employs approximately 100 professionals in England, Kenya, India, and Ethiopia. CIFF strives to couple business acumen and principles with development experience and best practices to transform the landscape for children. It seeks to be the gold standard in grant making and foundation operations.
The primary purpose of the role
The Team Assistant will provide comprehensive and proactive support to the Africa Leadership Team, working alongside the Executive Assistant, Africa and the larger Africa team. This support will include diary management for the Africa Directors, travel and event planning and document/information management. The position requires proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and organising digital information, broad administrative skill, and high efficiency.
The position will be privy to sensitive information that requires the highest level of confidentiality and judgment. This is an excellent opportunity for an organised professional with excellent communication skills who wants to be part of an exciting, growing and mission-driven organisation.
- Manage the calendar of the Africa Directors, schedule appointments and coordinate internal and external meetings.
- Support the Africa team with event planning (external and select internal events), including external virtual events, team meetings and offsites.
- Arrange travel for Africa Directors. Work with CIFF travel agents to organise flights, hotels, cars and visas. Occasionally, this will extend to support the wider Kenya office with travel requirements and may include organisation of group travel for the team.
- Work alongside the Executive Assistant, Africa to manage the fortnightly Africa Operational Leadership meeting agendas, drafting of minutes/action plans and any follow-up actions.
- Depending on the Africa teams supported, assist with note taking in team meetings and follow up on agreed actions; in some instances, assist in liaising with grantees for meeting attendance and follow up on agreed actions.
- General administrative duties, including management and support for the central administrative online tools for the team, such as Fluxx, budget, pipeline, portfolio, and HR tools.
- Support the Directors in the timely processing of expenses on Certify and follow up with finance where required.
- Assist the Head of Finance, Africa in administrative finance tasks relating to the Africa team e.g. email reminders to the Africa team on disbursements and update of Fluxx.
- Assist the Head of Human Resources, Africa in administrative tasks relating to the Africa team e.g. scheduling of interviews, onboarding preparation, and scheduling team meetings.
- General administrative duties including meeting room set ups, business card inputs and working with other Executive Assistants to support the smooth running of the Kenya office.
- Educated to undergraduate level, or equivalent by experience, within a relevant specialism.
- Strong administrative experience, working for a multi-cultural team dynamics or individual in a busy and complex environment; good experience as a scheduler.
- Exceptional organisational skills: able to be flexible as priorities and needs change, and works well under pressure
- Ability to work well independently, a motivated self-starter with strong problem-solving organizational skills, attention to details and multi-tasking skills
- Outstanding communications skills, both oral and written.
- Good numerical and analytical skills, with a good understanding of basic budgeting.
- Strong experience with digital office tools, automation and workflows (e.g. Office 365).
- Experience organising and managing digital information and documents for a team.
- Experience with organising and managing virtual events (Teams, Zoom, Blue Jeans, Webex etc), and with managing virtual contacts.
- Strong interpersonal skills, great team player and proactive at engaging with others.
- Professional, sound independent judgment, strong organisational and project management skills, and the ability to be flexible as priorities and needs change.
- Strong interpersonal skills – engages with others to get the best out of them and works well as part of a team.
- Demonstrates professional, sound judgement and the highest ethical standards, confidentiality, and personal integrity
- Capacity to work in a range of cultural and socio-economic contexts, adapting style and approach appropriately and in a culturally sensitive manner to maximise effectiveness
- Numerate, with a good understanding of basic budget processes
- IT proficiency – must possess strong Microsoft skills, particularly in Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word, and can learn new packages, when required
The post Team Assistant at Childrens Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF) appeared first on Jobs in Kenya - http://jobwebkenya.com/.